GUJARAT GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- – TOP 100 KNOWLEDGABLE QUIZ
- – MARU GUJARAT GAURAV SHALI GUJARAT
READ ONLINE ABOUT GUJARAT
- Gujarat is bounded on the north-east by Rajasthan, on the south by Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, on the southeast by Maharashtra, on the east by Madhya Pradesh and on the west by the Arabian Sea and Sindh. It’s capital is Gandhinagar. Gujarat largest city is Ahmedabad.
- Gujarat ranks 21st among Indian states in the Development Index. The state has traditionally had low unemployment and is widely regarded as one of the most developed industrialized states and manufacturing hubs in India.
- Gujarat was one of the major centers of Indus Valley Civilization. Guajarat includes ancient metropolises from the Indus Valley such as Lothal, Dholavira and Gola Dhoro.
- The ancient city of Lothal was where India’s first port was established. The ancient city of Dholavira is one of the largest and most famous archeological sites in India.
- India is a state on the west coast with a coastline of 1,600 km (990 miles) – most of which falls on the Kathiawar Peninsula – and a population of 60.4 million.
- It is the fifth largest state in India in the region and the ninth largest in terms of population.