National Digital Library (NDLI) gives access to wide range of digital contents.
Ministry of Human Resource Development under its National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology has initiated the National Digital Library of India (NDL India) pilot project to develop a framework of virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility. Filtered and federated searching is employed to facilitate focused searching so that learners can find out the right resource with least effort and in minimum time. NDL India is designed to hold content of any language and provides interface support for leading vernacular languages. It is being arranged to provide support for all academic levels including researchers and life-long learners, all disciplines, all popular form of access devices and differently-abled learners. It is being developed to help students to prepare for entrance and competitive examination, to enable people to learn and prepare from best practices from all over the world and to facilitate researchers to perform inter-linked exploration from multiple sources.
• A single window search facility to ever-growing digital content repository
• Different ways to browse content repository: Browse by content type, Browse by source, Browse by subject and Browse by learning resource type
• Filtering result of search and browse with facet based refinement options
• Contents relevant for different levels of users
• Contents available for different subject domains: Technology, Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Science etc.
• App and content may be accessed in three different languages: English, Hindi and Bengali
Note for users:
Your phone state is required to uniquely generate an id (required) by encrypting your Phone state specific information and this id initiates the handshaking mechanism with the NDL API for connection establishment. This mechanism is there to ensure and enable security. Please allow all the permissions to enable the mandatory security features.